A rechargeable fan sold online and in stores across the country has been urgently recalled over fears it could melt or catch fire.

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission recalled the My Foldaway Fan from Global Shop Direct on Sunday.

The recall for the rechargeable desk and floor fan was issued for both the standard and deluxe models, over fears an internal fault could cause the products to melt or catch fire during or after charging.

“If the fan overheats, the product may melt or catch fire, which can cause serious injury or death,” the ACCC’s Product Safety authority said.

This recall affects fans with both the standard model number, 7039FEB, and the deluxe model number, 7358M0BP, which is printed on a sticker on the underside of the fan.

My Foldaway Fan from Global Shop Direct.
My Foldaway Fan from Global Shop Direct. Credit: Product Safety

The fans were sold in stores nationally and online at Global Shop Direct between September 27, 2020, and February 3, 2021.

Retailers include Australia Post, Big W, TV Direct, TV2U, Kogan, The Stockists, Worldwide Memorabilia, Crossroad Tyre & Auto, Ampol and Harvey Norman.

Customers are advised to immediately stop using the product and return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.

For further information, contact Global Shop Direct Pty Ltd on 1300 137 598 or via email at [email protected]

Global Shop Direct’s My Foldaway Fan, sold at Big W and Kogan, recalled over internal fault
Source:
Source 1

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here