Today, there is only a “Weather” complication that shows the current condition and temperature. The one for UV index is similarly styled and matches all other small complication styles. Opening the full Weather app currently provides high/low, precipitation chance, and forecast for a few hours into the future.
The ultraviolet index, which ranges from 0 to 11+, is an “international standard measurement of the strength of sunburn-producing ultraviolet radiation at a particular place and time.”
Google tells us that the UV Index complication is in the process of rolling out, and will be available for all Wear OS watches running the latest updates.
This is the latest in a line of small usability tweaks that the company has made to Wear OS in recent weeks, including:
- Wear OS adds handy shortcut to manage your notifications
- Google starts letting apps create custom Wear OS Tiles ahead of upcoming ‘platform update’
- [Update: Partially fixed] ‘Hey Google’ hotword on Wear OS has been broken for months
- Wear OS now rightfully tells you that there’s ‘Nothing to see here’
More about Wear OS:
- Wear OS is now available on Casio’s ultra-rugged G-Shock smartwatch for $700
- OnePlus Watch skipped Wear OS over battery life, always-on display being evaluated
- Google Pay will keep working just fine on Wear OS when the legacy app shuts down
- Suunto 7 to pick up better sleep, health tracking soon on top of its Wear OS core
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.