One of the big changes with iOS 15 is a totally redesigned Safari. The all-new browser aims to make it easier to use with one hand and offers more customizability. Follow along for how to set a custom iPhone Safari background in iOS 15.
There are quite a few changes with Safari on iPhone in iOS 15. For an in-depth look at all the changes, check out our guide as well as all the best new extensions for Safari:
- Hands-on: Here’s how the all-new Safari in iOS 15 works
- Here are the best new Safari extensions to download for iOS 15 and iPadOS 15
As for setting a custom iPhone Safari background, it’s a quick and easy change and you can use any of your own images or the new included background wallpapers from Apple.
How to set a custom iPhone Safari background in iOS 15
- Open an empty Safari page (tap the two square icon > tap the + icon in bottom corner)
- Swipe to the very bottom and tap Edit
- Tap the toggle next to Background Image
- Tap the + to use your own image or choose from one of the included background wallpapers
Here’s how the process looks:
You can also reorder the sections of the start page or turn them on/off to further customize your setup.
More on Safari in iOS 15
For a closer look at how the new tabs and tab groups work and everything else new in iOS 15’s Safari, check out our full walkthrough in the video and post below:
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- Hands-on: Here’s how Background Sounds work in iOS 15
- iPhone: How to enable and disable iCloud Private Relay in iOS 15
- iOS 15 brings new Announce Notifications feature for Siri, here’s how it works
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Mac — experts who break news about Apple and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Mac on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel