LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* NSW recorded 319 new local COVID-19 cases.
* Five more people died of the virus in NSW. Three were linked to an outbreak in Liverpool Hospital, which has now led to five deaths and 33 positive tests.
* The Armidale Regional local government area has entered a one-week lockdown after two cases were found overnight.
* Victoria recorded 29 new local COVID-19 cases, all of them linked to current outbreaks but not in quarantine while infectious.
* Queensland recorded 13 new local cases, with all but one isolating while infectious. An eight-day lockdown is scheduled to lift on Sunday afternoon.
* A woman accused of illegally entering Queensland and then breaking out of hotel quarantine has been arrested by police.
* Tasmania has conducted almost 2000 COVID-19 tests after a man in quarantine in Launceston tested positive since returning from NSW. All tests have been negative and some 139 of his contacts are now in quarantine.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 13,496,355 doses administered in the national vaccination rollout up to Thursday, including 226,059 in the previous 24 hours.
* Nationwide, 43.60 per cent of people aged over 16 have received one vaccine dose while 21.95 per cent are fully vaccinated.
* Of the total, 7,699,505 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 146,371 in the previous 24 hours).
* 7,150,096 have been issued in primary care (+142,281) and 545,319 in aged and disability facilities (+4090).
* 5,796,850 have been administered by the states and territories, including 79,688 in the previous 24 hours.
* Doses administered by the states number 1,760,610 in Victoria (+22,301), 1,636,730 in NSW (+26,152), 993,278 in Queensland (+13,627), 556,812 in Western Australia (+8887), 424,801 in South Australia (+5561), 175,559 in Tasmania (+0), 151,970 in the ACT (+2261) and 97,200 in the NT (+899).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 361 local cases: 319 in NSW, 29 in Victoria and 13 in Queensland.
* There were two new overseas-acquired cases.
* The national death toll is 938: Victoria 820, NSW 84, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 201,753,887
* Deaths: at least 4,278,387
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 4,348,348,802.
Data current as at 1730 AEST on August 7, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.