The number of exposure sites across New South Wales continues to rise with almost fifty new venues listed overnight.
Among the latest close contact venues are a Chemist Warehouse, a doughnut shop, and a childcare centre.
Anyone who attended these venues during the exposure periods must get tested and isolate for 14 days, regardless of the result:
The state reported 170 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases on Friday, down on the previous day’s pandemic high of 239.
But Premier Gladys Berejiklian warned case numbers were likely to keep “bouncing around” with at least 52 of the new cases in public during some or all of their infectious period.
Sydney has recorded almost 3000 cases since mid-June, the majority in the past fortnight.
Meanwhile, two million people in the eight council areas – covering places such as Fairfield, Liverpool and Canterbury-Bankstown – can’t leave those areas unless they are essential workers. Masks are also mandatory at all times, including outdoors.
Anyone who attended the following venues is a close contact of a confirmed case and must get tested and isolate for 14 days, regardless of the result:
“NSW Health will send a text message to people who have checked in at close contact venues with further information. We also make a follow-up call to close contacts to discuss the isolation and testing requirements,” NSW Health said.
“If you have not received a text message, please call 1800 943 553.”
- Pyrmont, Jumbo Thai, 60 Union St, Saturday 24 July, 12.25pm – 12.40pm, Monday 26 July, 12.55pm – 1.05pm
- Campsie, Alan Lo Chemist, 188 Beamish St, Sunday 25 July, 4.30pm – 4.40pm
- Lurnea, Kids Guardian Angel Childcare Centre, 45 Dunbier Ave, Monday 26 July, 8.55am – 5.35pm
- Burwood, Sydney UltraSound, L2 Suite 203, 21-23 Burwood Rd, Tuesday 27 July, 8.45am – 10.15am
- Strathfield, Chemist Warehouse, 11 The Boulevarde, Tuesday 27 July, 1.55pm – 2.10pm
- Strathfield, Bread Top Shop, Shop 27/11 The Boulevarde, Tuesday 27 July, 2pm – 2.10pm
- Beverly Hills, L.A. Donuts, Shop 2/328 King Georges Rd, Tuesday 27 July, 12.05pm to 12:15pm
Anyone who travelled on the following public transport routes is also a close contact and must follow the same advice:
- Randwick, Bus 400-146, From Bondi Junction Station, Stand F, to Frenchmans Rd at Clovelly Rd, Monday 19 July, 1.31pm – 1.40pm
- Strathfield, 415-81 Bus, From Strathfield Station, Albert Rd, Stand G, to Belfield Shops, Burwood Rd, Friday 23 July, 9.53am – 10.06am
- Tuggerah, 24 Bus, From Tuggerah Station, Bryant Drive, to Bateau Bay Square, Access Road and Bay Village Road, Friday 23 July, 1.58pm – 2.31pm
- Gosford, 21 Bus, From Lions Park, Central Coast Highway, to Gosford Station, Stand N, Friday 23 July, 3.41pm – 4.28pm
- Strathfield, 415-81 Bus, From Strathfield Station, Albert Rd, Stand G, to Belfield Shops, Burwood Rd, Friday 23 July, 4.47pm – 4.58pm
- Strathfield, 415-81 Bus, From Strathfield Station, Albert Rd, Stand G, to Belfield Shops, Burwood Rd, Saturday 24 July, 4.51pm – 5.02pm
- Ashfield, 418-48 Bus, From Leicester Ave before Parramatta Rd to NSW Institute of Sports Medicine, Hospital Rd, Sunday 25 July, 8.47am – 8.54am
- Campsie, 492 Bus, From Campsie Station, Beamish St, Stand B to Kingsgrove Rd at Kingsgrove Ave, Sunday 25 July, 11.06am – 11.15am
Those who attended these venues is a casual contact who must immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received:
- Chipping Norton, Coles, Market Plaza, 20 Ernest Ave, Tuesday 20 July, 6.35pm – 7pm
- Campsie, BWS, 68-72 Evaline St, Tuesday 20 July, 9am – 9.20am
- Chipping Norton, Kebab House, 5/52-54 Gov Macquarie Dr, Wednesday 21 July, 9am – 9.10am
- Baulkham Hills, Aldi, Cnr Old Northern Rd and Olive St, Wednesday 21 July, 5.45pm – 3.10pm, Thursday 22 July, 6.49am – 10.25am
- Rushcutters Bay, Prestige Paint and Panel, 65A McLachlan Ave, Thursday 22 July, 8am – 4pm
- Liverpool, Pharmasave Murrays Pharmacy, 238 Macquarie St, Friday 23 July, 10.25am to 10.40am
- Riverwood, Riverwood Newsagency & Tobacconist, 335 Belmore Rd, Friday 23 July, 6.25pm to 6:35pm
- Rosebery, IGA, 741 Botany Rd, Friday 23 July, 4.45pm – 4.55pm
- Auburn, Azrum Market, 61 Rawson Street, Saturday 24 July, 9.50am – 10am
- Wentworth Point, Coles, 3M01, 5 Footbridge Bvd, Saturday 24 July, 9.15am – 10.05am
- Canley Heights, Dai Thanh Grocery, Saturday 24 July, 12.55pm – 1.15pm, Sunday 25 July, 1.35pm – 1.40pm
- Leppington, Subway, 5 Emerald Hills Boulevard, Saturday 24 July, 1.55pm – 2.05pm
- Casula, Chemist Warehouse, 5 Parkers Farm Place, Saturday 24 July, 3.50pm – 4.20pm
- Lidcombe, Priceline Pharmacy, Lidcombe Shopping Centre, 37/92 Parramatta Rd, Saturday 24 July, 3.55pm – 4.05pm
- Lidcombe, Familymart, Shop 1-124b, 92 Parramatta Road, Saturday 24 July, 5.10pm – 5.15pm
- Canley Heights, Healthpoint Medical Practice, Shop 3/192 Canley Vale Rd, Sunday 25 July, 9am – 10.30am
- Parramatta, Country Growers, Parramatta Westfield, 159-175 Church St, Saturday 24 July, 6pm – 6.15pm
- Clemton Park, Coles, Cnr Charlotte and Harp St, Sunday 25 July, 1.30pm – 2pm
- Auburn, Auburn Central Shopping Centre, Harrow Road and Queen Street, Sunday 25 July, 1.50pm – 3.25pm
- Hornsby, Woolworths, Westfield Shopping Centre, 236 Pacific Hwy, Sunday 25 July, 2pm – 2.30pm
- Bankstown, Al Baraka Quality Meats, Bankstown Central, North Terrace, Monday 26 July, 12.01am – 10.15am
- Austral, Post Office, Shop 4, 255 Edmondson Ave, Monday 26 July, 9.55am – 10am
- Penrith, Officeworks, 273 High St, Monday 26 July, 12pm – 5pm
- Punchbowl, Punchbowl Family Healthcare, Shop 26, 1 Broadway, Monday 26 July, 5.20pm – 5.50pm
- Milperra, Amcal Pharmacy, 6 Bullecourt Ave, Tuesday 27 July, 1.35pm – 1.40pm
- Kingsgrove, Bunnings, Cnr Richland St & Kingsgrove Rd, Tuesday 27 July, 11.25am – 11.50am
- Roselands, Fruit World, Roselands Drive, Tuesday 27 July, 11am – 11.20am
Anyone who travelled on the following train routes is also a casual contact and must follow the same advice:
- T4 Line, From Caringbah Station, To Bondi Junction Station, Monday 19 July, Departed 12.23pm, Arrived 1.26pm
- T2 Line, From Auburn Station, To Edmonson Park Station, Thursday 22 July, Departed 4.11pm, Arrived 4.50pm
- Metro Line, From Macquarie University Station, To Epping Station, Friday 23 July, Departed 9.16am, Arrived 9.19am
- T9 Line, From Epping Station, To Strathfield Station, Friday 23 July, Departed 9.24am, Arrived 9.43am
- T2 Line, From Auburn Station, To Edmonson Park Station, Friday 23 July, Departed 4.11pm, Arrived 4.50pm
- T2 Line, From Edmonson Park Station, To Auburn Station, Friday 23 July, Departed 11.43pm, Arrived 12.23am
Anyone who attended one of the above venues in the past four days must also get another test on day five from the date of exposure.
“Wear a mask around others and limit your movements until you get another negative result. You should continue to monitor for symptoms and if any symptoms occur, get tested again,” NSW Health said.
For a full list of COVID-19 exposure sites, visit the NSW Health website.
– with AAP